We collaborate with independent test institutes and certification authorities to ensure that our producers meet the strict guidelines for sustainable production.
Sørensen Leather features collections that have been awarded a variety of industry certifications. We collaborate with diverse, independent test institutes and certification authorities to ensure that our producers meet their strict guidelines for sustainable production. Different certifications focus on different criteria to fulfil, from specific phases of production to sustainable practices to every link in the lifecycle of leather.
One of many sustainability measures that we insist on is our producers’ compliance with the rules set forth by REACH, which stands for the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemical substances. Considered the industry authority and the EU Regulation on chemicals and their safe use.
REACH limits the use of chemicals in finished products in strict compliance with the European Candidate list of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC). A list that is continuously updated to minimise and prohibit the use of harmful chemicals.
All leather from Sørensen Leather complies with the regulations set forth by REACH and all EU directives.
- Our TRIUMPH CRIB5® collection has received the DICL (Danish Indoor Climate Label), which specialises in testing the VOC emissions from furniture, building products and fixtures. The DICL certifies that no harmful emissions are released into the environment, thus contributing to a healthy indoor atmosphere.
- Our DUNES® collection has received the Nordic Swan Ecolabel. A highly-regarded certification with strict environmental requirements that apply to the entire product lifecycle, from the choice of raw material and minimising waste to ensuring health, safety and more.
- The LEATHER STANDARD by OEKO-TEX® certification is a scientifically-founded, worldwide testing and certification system that covers all stages of production. Based on international test standards and around 100 test parameters, including numerous environmentally-relevant substances and chemicals harmful to the health. Our ENVY, FLUX® NOIR/NOIR+, SPECTRUM, SAVANNE®, OPTIMO and BASIC collections are OEKO-TEX® certified.
- The TVOC (Total Volatile Organic Compounds) certificate guarantees that no harmful substances are emitted from materials into the air, thus contributing to a healthy indoor atmosphere. An extra appealing attribute of NUANCE and DUNES®, our TVOC certified collections.
- The ANSI/BIFMA certificate evaluates the volatile organic chemical emissions from indoor sources. This to help create lower-emission and more environmentally friendly products. Our ULTRA collection has obtained this certificate.
- The label “Approved by Animal Protection Denmark” aims to promote good animal welfare, including to protect and respect animals. As the first one in the industry with this certificate, our VITA® collection has received this label. All hides come from farmers who comply with the detailed requirements of the label “Approved by Animal Protection Denmark”. Only less than 50 farmers in Denmark are approved by this label.
To have as much as 50% of our collections certified by 2023. This goal was achieved in 2025. Our new goal is to have as much as 75% of our collections certified by 2027.
How we support the United Nation’s Global Goals – SDGs 6, 8 & 12
As a consumer, you are assured that our leather is produced with a minimal use of chemicals and water waste. That our production partners promote a safe and stable working environment. And that any emissions to air, water and soil are substantially reduced to minimise any adverse effect on human health and the environment.