We take the processing of your personal data very seriously. We ensure a reasonable and transparent processing in accordance with the rules on processing of personal data, especially the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR“).
1. The Data Controller
Sørensen Læder A/S
Central Business Register Number: 50 82 85 14
2. Types of personal data collected and purposes for processing
We collect and process your personal data for the following purposes;
- when we engage with you for the purpose of providing our products and services to your company,
- when we engage with you for the purpose of purchasing products and services from suppliers,
- to pursue business leads for the purpose of selling and market our products and services to you,
- when you use our website and accept our placing of cookies for the purpose of marketing our products and services to you, or
- if you sign up for our newsletter or otherwise give consent for us to market our products for the purpose of marketing our products to you.
We collect the following categories of ordinary personal data:
- Contact information such as name, company address, email, phone number, and
- Website usage information such as technical data, IP addresses and social media information (E.g. from LinkedIn) when you accept our placing of cookies.
3. Legal basis
When we process your personal data for the purpose of providing our products and service to your company, for the purpose of purchasing products from suppliers or to pursue business leads, the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is that the processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by us, you or a third party according to article 6(f) of the GDPR.
When you use our website and accept our placing of cookies the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is your prior consent according to article 6(b) of the GDPR.
When you sign up for our newsletter the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is your prior consent according to article 6(b) of the GDPR.
To the extent that our processing activities are based on your consent, you will have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we will cease to process your personal data, unless and to the extent that continued processing is permitted or required according to the applicable personal data legislation or other applicable law. If you withdraw your consent, it will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal.
We take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of your personal data.
In order to protect your personal data, we continuously assess the risks that may be associated with our processing activities. We have therefore adopted internal information security rules, which contain instructions and measures to protect your personal data from being destroyed, lost/altered and against any unauthorized disclosure or unintended access.
To avoid loss of personal data, we continuously backup our systems, and we make use of encryption or other security measures where necessary. Finally, we train our employees in handling personal data.
In the event of a data breach that involves a high risk to your rights, we will notify you of the breach as soon as possible under the given circumstances.
5. Disclosure of personal data
If necessary, we may disclose your personal data to external parties. Our disclosure of your personal data is always subject to the existence of an adequate level of data protection. We may disclose or make personal data available to third parties under the following circumstances:
- To third parties carrying out services on our behalf, e.g. hosting, support, marketing services etc. Such third parties (data processors) are only allowed to process the personal data in accordance with our instructions and subject to a written data processor agreement;
- If disclosure is necessary to comply with legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- In the event of any merger, sale or joint venture; and
If a recipient of your personal data is located in a third country not ensuring an adequate level of data protection, we will only disclose your personal data to the third party following the execution of an agreement based on the EU Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
The personal data we collect shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose for which the personal data has been collected.
We may be allowed to retain your personal data for a longer period if we are obliged to retain your personal data for a longer period, whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
Once the retention period expires, your personal data shall be deleted.
7. Your rights
When we process your personal data, you may exercise certain rights regarding our processing activities. In particular, you have the right to:
- Object to processing of your personal data. Under certain circumstances you have the right to object to our processing of your personal data;
- Access your personal data. You have the right to learn if your personal data is being processed, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the personal data;
- Verify and seek rectification. You have the right to verify the accuracy of your personal data and ask for it to be updated or rectified;
- Restrict the processing of your data. Under certain circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Have your personal data erased. Under certain circumstances you have the right to have your personal data erased; and
- Have your personal data transferred to another controller (data portability). Under certain circumstances you have the right to have your personal data transmitted readily to another controller.
8. How to exercise your rights or file a complaint
Any requests on how to exercise your rights can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed as quickly as possible and always within one (1) month.
You may also – at any time – file a complaint to your local data protection agency, if you are dissatisfied with the way in which we process your personal data.
Blocking of cookies